Here, you can view the answers to our most commonly asked questions about plants. From questions about specific plant material, plant placement, plant longevity and animal deterrents – we have an “online” answer for you. Scroll down to see if your specific question is listed, or link directly to…
General questions about:
Get advice on:
Fertilizing a Tree
Landscaping with Bougainvillea »
Landscaping with Roses »
Rabbit resistant plants »
Deer resistant plants »
Plants for around Fountains, Ponds and Pools »
Plants for around Borders, Screens & Hedges »
Month-by-Month Color Calendar »
Find tips on all varieties of:
See if your favorite bedding plants are an Annual or Perennial:
Selecting Large Trees:
1) What is a good large tree that will attract birds?
2) What is a good large tree that will flower from late spring through the summer?
3) What is a good large tree that will do well along a coastal area as well as inland areas?
Garden Themes Suggestions:
1) What is a good small tree that can tolerate salt air?
2) What is a good small tree for screening and in lawn areas?
3) What is a good small tree that will flower?
4) What is a good small tree that doesn’t have invasive roots?
Low Water Usage:
1) What is a good semi-evergreen plant that will do well in coastal areas along sandy soil?
2) What is a good drought-tolerant tree that is deciduous and fast-growing?
3) What is a good tropical, drought-tolerant tree?
4) What is a good drought-tolerant plant with a long bloom season?
Varieties of Vines:
1) What is a good vine that will bloom year-round, yet hold no fragrance?
2) What is a good vine that is clinging, but that has unnoticeable flowers?